Frequently Asked Question
London School is an academic institution established in 1992 by the Yayasan Pesona PribadiSejahtera, SK Mendikbud No. 24/D/O/1999. London School focuses on Communication Studies and has been accredited A by BAN PT (Badan Akreditasi Nasional Perguruan Tinggi) since 2002.
The name STIKOM The London School of Public Relations – Jakarta was created by its founder and has been registered in the Justice and Law Department for brand certification in 1994 and it is not a franchise brand from London (UK) instead 60% of the curriculum that STIKOM-LSPR – Jakarta applies refers to the same curriculum applied in London (UK) based on the syllabus and curriculum from London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examination Board
There are several steps you must follow as described below :
- First, please purchase a Registration Form from the Marketing/Admissions Department at either Campus A or B.
- Second, please complete all the requirements/questions stated in the Registration Form.
- After all the requirements are completed, you will be informed the date to take the entry test (Written & Interview). The test material will cover General Knowledge / Math Logic and English.
- If a student passes the entry exam, he/she along with his/her parents will be scheduled for an interview. In the interview, the parents along with the student will be briefed on some information regarding the regulations and rules of STIKOM LSPR and regarding the payment procedures as well.
- After the payments have been completed and reported to STIKOM LSPR, the student can immediately choose his/her schedule and class.
Registration Forms are also available in selected schools. STIKOM LSPR offers Entrance Examinations outside the city.
Here are the following requirements to register in STIKOM LSPR:
- Prepare the following documents:
- 3 copies of High School Certificate ( STTB /Ijazah SMU sederajat) legalized by the school principal.
- 1 copy of National Examination Result (SKHUN) legalized by the school principal.
- A legalized letter from the office of Ministry of Education for overseas graduates or International school.
- 4 copies of latest photograph (3×4) colored.
- A photocopy of your Personal Identity Card / Indonesian Driver License / Passport.
- Examination: General Knowledge, Mathematics Logic & English (written &interview)
- Registration Form for the Academic Year 2010/2011 can be purchased for Rp. 250.000,- (Two Hundred Fifty Thousand Rupiah)
- Pass Urinal Test for illegal drug test. The fee for this test is Rp. 100,000,- paid directly at the entry test scheduled.
There are five majors offered in London School.
These are: Public Relations, Mass Communications, Advertising, Marketing and Performing Arts Communication.
Our PR program prepares our graduates with practical P.R. techniques to be effectively applied within an organization, company or in front of the public. The main concentration of this subject is to create awareness in the importance of communication. After graduating, our alumni are capable of making strategic Public Relation plans, which can benefit and raise a company or organizations image.
|This concentration focuses on the skills needed in the mass communication world. It focuses on the studies of communication and mass media (including electronic media & print). Techniques on writing news, planning and organizing a broadcast for the mass media. Basic Advertising, Promotion, Marketing and Public Relations are also taught in Mass Communication.|
This major focuses on being able to create a marketing concept based on knowledge and understanding. As a marketing person, alumni are also able to serve as an important role in the market, in analysis, market research, planning, coordination, price, promotion, advertisement, and distribution of a product.
This major focuses on both application and creative technique. Students are also taught the management procedures (planning and arranging budgeting as well as its policy), planning advertising campaigns, media advertisements, outdoor advertisements, broadcast advertisements and business advertisements.
This Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communication Studies (S1) program prepares the student for an exellence in Performing Arts with the use of communication in different ways. It also focuses on the steps of maximizing and improving the students creativity.
The language used in the process of studying at London School is 50% Bahasa Indonesia and 50% English.
Being fluent in English would not be a problem in LSPR since we facilitate students with English Division. The English Division will support students to improve their English proficiency during their studies in LSPR.
More than half of the curriculum in London School is International. We provide three examinations from the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examination Board, UK, The City Guilds of London Institute, UK and University of Cambridge International Examination, UK (60% International Curriculum (UK) and 40% National). Apart from that, we also teach several subjects from our National Curriculum, among them are: National Heroism, Religious Instruction, Indonesian Political System, etc. For the subjects in National Curriculum, the language applied is Bahasa Indonesia.
Facilities in London School among others are: a Computer Lab that can accommodate 20 students at a time, a Mini TV Station, Radio Station, Cafeteria, Thesis Defence Room (for students in their 8th semester and for practicing students public speaking skill), Prof. Djayusman Auditorium & Performance Hall (usually used for events like Theatre Festival, Seminar, and others).
At London School, we have 12 clubs. Among them are: Teatro London School, LSPR Choir, LSPR Modelling club, LSPR Public Speaking club, LSPR Marketing club, LSPR Community Relations, LSPR Advertising Society, LSPR Basketball Team, LSPR Hockey Team, LSPR 4C (Climate Change Champions Club), ADSA (Aids, Drugs n Sex Awareness) club and LSPR Band. The clubs are provided for the students of London School free of charge. Schedules of clubs do not interfere with the students academic schedule.
After graduating, our alumni will be assisted in looking for employment with the help of the Career Centre. The Career Centre can provide links for jobs from several companies that STIKOM LSPR is in partnership with. Among them are Mitra Adi Perkasa, Tbk and Mandarin Oriental Hotel and we are now in progress of creating partnerships with other companies. Should there be any job openings or vacancies in our partner companies, London School will be informed in advance.
The time and schedule at London School is really flexible and is in line with the needs of the students. Class Schedules are broken into three shifts which are:
|Shift I Morning:||08.00 – 11.30 WIB|
|09.00 – 12.30 WIB|
|Shift II Noon:||12.00 – 15.30 WIB|
|13.00 – 16.30 WIB|
|Shift III Afternoon:||16.00 – 19.30 WIB|
|17.30 – 21.00 WIB|
London School has three campuses, located at:
|Kampus A||Intiland Tower – Annexe Lt.6
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 32, Jakarta 10220.
Telp. (021) 570-8143 / Fax. (021) 570-8123
|Kampus B||Sudirman Park Office Complex
Jl. K. H. Mas Mansyur Kav. 35, Jakarta Pusat 10220.
Telp. (021) 5794-3751 / Fax. (021) 5794-3752
|Kampus C||Sudirman Park Office Complex
Jl. K. H. Mas Mansyur Kav. 35, Jakarta Pusat 10220.
Telp. (021) 5794-2471 / Fax. (021) 5794-2639
The students are not allowed to choose a major for their first year. They are allowed to take the major of their choice in the second year. During the first year, students will be taught the basics from all five majors in STIKOM LSPR. For the duration of the first year, the study process of the students will be based in Campus A which is the Department of Business Studies. In the second year, students from Campus A will have to move to either Campus B or Campus C depending on their major/concentration. Campus B is for Mass Communication, Advertising & Performing Arts majors and Campus C will house Public Relations & Marketing.
A PR person can:
- Introduce new products through press conference, news release and special events.
- Handle a crisis and help a company or an organizations damaged image.
- Improve the relationship in a company or organization, be it internal or external.
The types of jobs a PR graduate can acquire are: PR Consultant, PR Account Director, etc. A PR person can work in a company or in public sectors like the government, organizations and department of education, social, law, etc.
A Marketing person can:
- Plan objectives and strategies for the market of a company or product.
- Responsible for the analysis and market research, planning, coordinating, price, promotion, advertisement and distribution of a product.
The types of jobs a Marketing graduate can acquire are: Brand Manager, Product Manager, Marketing Manager, etc. Job opportunities for Marketing people are very wide and can be in almost any industry. Almost every company has a marketing department and marketing staff.
A Mass Communication graduate can work for the Media (TV, Radio and Newspaper). Consultant for Private Companies, Government Employee, Military, Politics, etc. A Mass Communication graduate can be employed as: Reporter, Presenter, Producer, Video Editor, News Writer, Event Coordinator, etc. A Mass Communication graduate can also work in companies or in public sectors like the government, organizations and department of education, social, law, etc.
An Advertising person can:
- Apply Advertising techniques creatively. Advertising students are also taught procedure management (planning and arranging budgeting as well as its policy), planning advertising campaigns, media advertisements, outdoor advertisements, broadcast advertisements and business advertisements.
The types of job an Advertising graduate can acquire are: Account Manager, Art Director, Copywriter, Print Production Manager, Media Planner, Media Buyer and Researcher.
London Schools Performing Arts program, graduates are able to maximize & improve their skills in communication and creativity in different ways through art. The qualifications needed for Performing Arts are:
- Be able to know and understand paradigms, communication and performing for the basics.
- Be able to know and understand how to put on a show or performance and be able to communicate it to the public and target audience effectively.
- Be able to manage, especially in putting on a performance.
Subjects in Performing Arts are: Voice Interpretation, Acting Interpretation, Art Interpretation (Singing and movement), Language Interpretation, Critical Studies, Design & Light, Directing, and Planning & Production Management.
London School requires its students to complete Internships in the 7th semester, be it local or international.
London School is different from other universities because:
- Study process at LSPR.
- It is a city-based school. London School is located at the heart of the city and is accesible from any point in Jakarta.
- International Standard Quality Education. Our Indonesian lecturers have International Standards and our Native speakers that are experienced in Communication come from: Great Britain, Australia, Canada, Africa, India, Malaysia and the Philippines.
Internationally recognized, STIKOM LSPR Jakarta works together with the Institute of Public Relations of Singapore, Institute of Public Relations Malaysia, Edith Cowan University, Perth Australia and Shanghai Public Relations Association in holding seminars, workshops and exchange programs.