London School Model United Nations (LSMUN) was held on 22 – 23 June 2018 in room 27 and 28, Campus B, The London School of Public Relations – Jakarta (LSPR). The event was organized on behalf of celebrating the 5th Anniversary of LSPR Youth Diplomacy Community.
LSMUN welcomed two Councils from Disarmament and International Security (DISEC) and United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF). Respectively, there were main issues such as “The Rise of The East – Anticipating the Inevitability of Global Power Shift” and “The Abolishing Recruitment of Child Soldier to Support GDI in Post-Conflict Era” addressed to discuss.
Delegations were invited to represent their country and to arise internationally important issues of the modern era. Their speeches and debates were based on country’s foreign policy. Each session (out of five) has been lasting for the whole day.
During the following day, there was an awarding night session. Additionally, Ms. Patricia Vicky Sihombing, Club Coordinator of LSPR YDC, members of Committee of LSPR YDC, and LSPR Student League Representatives organized a candle blowing ceremony to celebrate LSPR YDC 5th Anniversary.
This year, among LSMUN winners in four categories, were announced the following names for each Council:
- Best Delegate: Fairuz Ikbar Okta (China)
- Most Outstanding Delegate: Dylan Huber (Saudi Arabia)
- Honorable Mention: Reyner Evan Yokohadinata (France)
- Best Position Paper: Devina & Mellyani Surya (South Africa)
- Best Delegate: Nugroho Indra Putranto (Kuwait)
- Most Outstanding Delegate: Andi Suci Tenri Wulan & Rossi Amelia Christy (USA)
- Honorable Mention: Ilyasha Abdul Harris & Natashya Julian Antonius (Pakistan)
- Best Position Paper: Kevin Luis Sanjaya & Vivian Chrystine (Lebanon)